Dr. Robert S. Kalmbacher
Professor - Agronomy, Range Management and Forage Crops, Retired
Research focused on management and utilization of pasture and range in central and south Florida. The following are areas of interest:
- Select and evaluate new introduced grasses and legumes for pasture
- Develop management practices for grasses and legumes in pasture
- Management of native forages for livestock production on Florida range
- Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University. Agronomy. 1975
- M.S. Pennsylvania State University. Agronomy. 1972
- B.S. Delaware Valley College. Agronomy. 1968
- University of Florida. Professor. 1985-2005.
- University of Florida. Associate Professor. 1981-1985.
- University of Florida. Assistant Professor. 1975-1981.
Selected Grants and Contracts
Title: Technical Assistance Program For Forage Research
Funded by: Jamaican Agricultural Development Program
Role: Principal Investigator
Title: Synthetic Seed Production of Florida's Indigenous Plants
Funded by: Florida Institute of Phosphate Research
Role: Co-principal Investigator
Membership in Professional Societies
- American Society of Agronomy
- Crop Science Society of America
- Soil and Crop Science Society of Florida